POSITION: IT Help Desk Clerk (Part-Time)
This position has the responsibility for organising and maintaining a user services “Help Desk” to coordinate user requests for technical support with technician availability, ensuring prompt and appropriate response for IT support needs to minimize disruption of function at the Institute. The clerk will be responsible for performing routine clerical duties and providing basic office assistance for the Director and technical staff of the department.
Associate degree or post-secondary education in any Information Technology discipline, computer programming, computer information systems or closely related area; certified training in at least one IT specialization or computer application area (industry certifications) a plus or High School Diploma with at least two (2) years experience in a similar role.
- A commitment to the delivery of excellent customer service in a demanding environment
- The ability to communicate timely and accurate information in a professional manner orally and in
- writing to a diverse user population.
- He/She should demonstrate the ability to interpret technical instructions, specifications and procedures
- and analyse and provide practical solutions.
- Some technical work experience in operations, usage, installation, and repair of computer hardware,
- software applications, telephony or IT systems is useful but not required.