How to Apply
How to Apply
Your BTVI admission experience will be individualised. To be considered for admission, you need to submit the following documents:
- Completed BTVI admission application – apply online through the BTVI web portal at btvi.edu.bs
- Proof of Citizenship: Valid E-Passport
- National Insurance Smart Card
- Current Police Certificate
- A completed BTVI Medical Form that has been dated, signed and stamped by a medical doctor
- Submission of a receipt proving payment of the nonrefundable application fee
Here’s a list of additional documents and things to keep in mind:
- Academic certificates in Mathematics and English with a letter grade of “C” or higher (BJC, BGCSE, GCE and CXC)
- Official transcript from high school, college or university. Transcripts must be enclosed in an envelope stamped and sealed by the institution sending them or sent directly from the institution via electronic mail.
- Marriage certificate (if the official documents are printed in the student’s maiden name).
Once you have completed the items on this checklist, you are one step closer to being accepted into the Bahamas Technical and Vocational Institute!
HOW TO APPLY
Applying to BTVI is simple. We are here to help every step of the way.
Please keep an eye on these important deadlines:
|Spring 2023||21 October 2022|
|Early Action Applicants (Fall 2023)||3 February 2023|
|Fall 2023||30 June 2023|
|Spring 2024||20 October 2023|
|Early Action Applicants (Fall 2024)||2 February 2024|
|Fall 2024||28 June 2024|
|Spring 2025||25 October 2024|
|Early Action Applicants (Fall 2025)||7 February 2025|
|Fall 2025||4 July 2025|
- Start your application
Go to btvi.edu.bs, click the “My BTVI” tab, click “New Application”, then choose “Application for Admission.”
- Pay the application fee
Upload the receipt, proving payment of the nonrefundable application fee.
- Upload required documents
When completing the BTVI Admission Application, upload a copy of your National Insurance Board (NIB) Smart Card, relevant pages of a valid E-Passport, Police Record and BTVI Medical form. Remember to include any national exam certificates and high school transcripts.