Bahamas Technical and Vocational Institute holds an annual graduation exercise at the end of the spring semester to recognise and celebrate students who have completed programme requirements and to confer degrees, diplomas, certificates, awards and honours.
Eligibility to Graduate
To be considered as a candidate for a BTVI degree, certificate, diploma or award, students must:
• have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.00 for all courses attempted in the major programme of study.
• have completed all course and programme requirements in the summer, fall or spring semester prior to graduation.
• have left to complete one course or internship only and must be enroled in the course or internship during the summer of the year in which the student intends to graduate.
• receive academic clearance from the Head of Department and relevant Dean.
Intention to Graduate
Students must declare their intent to graduate by
• submitting a completed Graduation Application Form to the Office of the Registrar, along with their degree audit or programme of study, by week 15 of the fall semester or week 13 of the spring semester or as published in the Academic Calendar.
• paying the non-refundable graduation fee.
• satisfying all financial obligations to BTVI.
Evaluation of Graduation Application
Graduation application forms are processed and evaluated by the Office of the Registrar. Once approved by the relevant Academic Dean, the Vice President of Academic Affairs and the Board of Directors, the list of candidates for graduation will be posted on BTVI’s web page. Individual student records will be updated in the BTVI Management Information System to reflect the graduation date and honours received.
Participation in Graduation Ceremony
Students may participate in the graduation ceremony provided they have:
• submitted a completed Graduation Application Form to the Office of the Registrar by the specified deadline.
• satisfied all financial obligations to BTVI. Students will not be permitted to participate in the ceremony or receive their certificate/diploma/degree unless financial clearance is secured.
• have completed all course and programme requirements in the summer, fall or spring semester prior to graduation OR have left to complete one course or internship only and are enroled in the course or internship during the summer of the year in which they intend to graduate.
Every effort will be made to include the name of every student who participates in the graduation ceremony in the graduation programme. However, participation in the ceremony does not a guarantee that a student has completed all programme requirements. Additionally, the graduation programme cannot be considered an official list of BTVI graduates as programme information may be based on information available prior to the evaluation of credits and grades achieved during the student’s final semester.
Issuance of Degrees, Diplomas and Certificates
Degrees, diplomas and certificates will be issued by the Office of the Registrar four weeks after the date on which the degree, diploma or certificate was conferred.
Policy on Graduation
• Academic Awards & Honours
• Graduation Gown Measurement Chart