Click the ‘Update’ button to complete any section of the application in red
Click ‘I am Finished – Submit”
Instructions for new students wishing to apply for the tuition grant can be found in the acceptance package.
6) How would I know if I have been approved for the BTVI Tuition Grant?
Once your application has been processed and approved, your award letter will appear under the Financials Tab of the Student Web Portal. You must accept your award letter via the web portal.
7) Which semesters is the grant available?
Fall and Spring.
8) What is needed to maintain the BTVI Tuition Grant?
• Students must maintain a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.0 or above. • New Providence students must pursue a minimum of three (3) courses or nine (9) credits. • Family Island students (inclusive of Grand Bahama), must pursue two (2) courses or six (6) credits. • Students must graduate within the certificate, diploma or associate of applied science degree period. The maximum period allowed for students to be recipients of the tuition grant will only extend by six (6) months to one (1) year to allow for courses that are not frequently offered.
9) What happens if my GPA drops below the required minimum of 2.0?
If your GPA drops below 2.0, you will be placed on academic probation, but allowed a one (1) semester grace period to bring the GPA up to 2.0 or higher. Students whose GPA falls below 1.50, will be automatically dropped from the scholarship program.
10) What happens if I fail a course while on the grant?
Students must pay the course fees to retake any courses that they receive a ‘D’ or ‘F’ grade. Only once that payment is made can they continue on the Grant Program.
11) Do I have to reapply every semester?
As of the fall 2020 semester, students will only have to apply once per academic year for the grant. You must re-qualify at the end of the fall semester (after grade review) to continue on the grant for the spring semester. The Financial Aid Office will advise students via the Student Web Portal with a new Financial Aid Award Letter for the spring semester, if they qualify. Students will be notified via their BTVI email of any probationary terms or dismissal from scholarship where applicable.