POSITION: Grants Writer
DEPARTMENT: Fund Development
REPORTING STRUCTURE: Associate Vice President, Fund Development or Designate
The Grants Writer is primarily responsible for researching and developing strong grant proposals to support existing and emerging programme initiatives, as well as the capital needs for BTVI. He/She also writes content for special projects as assigned including, impact reports, cases for support, Donor Reports, and other reports as assigned. The Grant Writer works with key staff as part of an administrative team to ensure the timely submission of grant proposals and Letters of Inquiries (LOIs) to potential funding sources. He/She reviews and edits print and electronic communication materials for the Fund Development Office to be distributed tomultiple stakeholder groups to ensure quality and consistency with organisational messaging and branding, as requested.
• Collaborates with internal and external stakeholders to write high-quality grant proposal narratives, budgets, and supporting documents.
• Gathers data and information, prepares outlines as well as final documents, understands and interprets grantor guidelines and requirements, ensures that proposals are formatted and packaged in accordance with grantor agency requirements.
• Leads and/or supports the writing and submission of grants, working with key staff across the Institute.
• Ensures deadlines are met for the submission of completed proposals to funding agencies.
• Works remotely with staff across the Institute to interpret guidelines, draft narratives, and other required proposal components; gathers material and information necessary for developing a strong proposal.
• Assists in creating and editing proposal budgets as part of the grant proposal package.
• Reviews and edits narratives as needed to ensure they are responsive to the Request for Proposals (RFP) and that the entire application package meets the standards of the funding agency.
• Provides regular updates on progress and activities for the Fund Development Office and members of the Executive Team and Senior Management to ensure timely and quality submissions of grant applications.
• Other reasonable duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in communications, higher education administration, business administration, or related field
• Minimum two (2) years experienced in grant writing, grant development, fundraising, or technical writing
• Exceptional writing, proofreading, and verbal communication skills analytical and research skills are required as well as the ability to handle multiple high priority activities simultaneously, managing time and organising tasks with great attention to detail.
• Project management skills and experience with computerized systems including word processing and spreadsheet software systems
• Familiarity with key financial concepts and how to read financial documents/statements
• Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
• Proficiency in research, interpreting, and analysing data.
• Knowledge of grants and project management.
This position may occasionally require working hours before or after the standard workday, as needed.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, along with a resume to [email protected] by Wednesday, 31st May 2023 Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview. We look forward to hearing from you.