Main : 502-6300 | Admissions: 502-6338 or 502-6397

Welcome to BTVI

Welcome to BTVI

The history of Bahamas Technical and Vocational Institute (BTVI) dates back to 1949. The Institution has undergone several name changes and at one time was incorporated with another institution.

Main line: 502-6300
Admissions: 502-6338 or 502-6397

READ MORE

In 1980, the name was again changed to the Industrial Training Centre (ITC).  At that time, the institution turned out a population of over 7,000 persons who had been trained at the Centre. The Centre offered short courses and persons attending received a stipend from the Government.  It was also in 1980 that the Bahamas Technical & Vocational Institute began with 225 students in shared facilities at the College of The Bahamas, Soldier Road Campus and at the C.C. Sweeting Senior High School Campus. The courses offered at both campuses were exclusively construction programmes.

In 1984, ITC became the sole occupant of the Old Trail Campus.  In 1995, the name, ITC was changed for a final time to its current name, The Bahamas Technical and Vocational Institute. Over the years BTVI offered programmes in Andros, Exuma and Eleuthera.

What's New